Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Learning Piano With David Sides: A PlayGround Session Review

Learning a musical instrument is very much like learning another language. You practice at it, and sometimes you get it but it still just doesn't sound right. I have played the piano since I was a six year old boy. It didn't always come easy to me; and in fact, after years of not playing I had to reteach myself. I ended up teaching myself how to play piano after seeing a Pianist David Sides play on YouTube. No joke, it was inspiring. Shortly after watching, I had bought myself a portable keyboard and had begun relearning everything I once knew about piano. I have a link of David Sides playing for your Viewing Pleasure. Around 1:40 my mind was blown.


This is where I go back to the point. Years after I had first been inspired by David Sides, it came to my attention that he had created a platform to teach people how to play piano.  This Platform was called Playground Sessions.

Playground sessions to me seemed like a game. Almost like a professional guitar hero for piano. You can play through the songs, with varying difficulty, until you have mastered a technique. Meanwhile you have learned how to play songs that you can now showcase. Like many people I enjoy getting recognition for my achievements; with playground session, this was reality. When hitting a milestone in Playground sessions, you will receive a badge that shows your accomplishments, and can be shown off to the community of pianists surrounding the platform.

For convenience reasons, Playground sessions is downloaded onto your Computer, and can be run on both Mac and PC operating systems.

Unfortunately unlike most things that I have previously talked about in my blog, Playground sessions is not free. Playground Sessions gives you access to its full teaching studios, for either an annual or quarterly fee. Songs are sold seperatly, this however is not a surprise, and sheet music is one of the more expensive components of learning to play an instrument. 

When it comes down to it, and you think about it this is not a bad deal. You get access to countless hours of teaching materials, and video tutorials. For the price of a few weeks of piano lessons.  These tutorials will cover learning techniques including how to play by ear.

Playground sessions is a good platform for anyone who likes modern music, and has an interest in playing piano. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chitika